How to download show videos from TVer completely free [youtube-dl & ffmpeg].
Ever wanted to download TVer videos?
This article will surely elucidate how to download video content from TVer.
There's a table of contents on the left so you can jump to the part you're interested in!
Does it cost anything to watch TVer? Is it free?
TVer offers the following video content
- missed subscriptions (e.g., TVer.com)
- Distribution of past programs
- Real-time streaming
- Live Streaming
Can I watch TVer content for free?
Yes, you can.
TVer is a free, ad-supported, official TV streaming service provided by commercial TV stations.
All videos distributed on TVer can be viewed for free.
Can I record TVer content?
As it turns out, TVer content cannot be recorded.
You cannot record TVer content, and even if you use a recorder or other device, the screen will be black.
Also, you cannot download, save, or copy TVer videos.
My recording screen went black! Why?
HDCP is the cause.
HDCP stands for " High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection," which in Japanese is a copyright protection technology that aims to "prevent unauthorized copying of digital content.
In short, it is a technology that prevents the copying of digital audio and video content that is connected to an HDCP connection. Connection types include DisplayPort (DP), Digital Visual Interface (DVI), High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), Gigabit Video Interface (GVIF), and Unified Display Interface (UDI), and other less popular or now obsolete protocols.
To put it more simply:
HDCP-enabled services such as TVer can only be played on HDCP-enabled terminals; HDCP-connected videos cannot be recorded.
This means: "HDCP-enabled services like TVer can only be played on HDCP-enabled terminals.
So is it impossible to record and store TVer content?
Yes, it is possible!
TVer has a download function, but you cannot save the downloaded works for a long time. Also, there are some TVer programs that are not available for downloading.
It is not possible to record TVer content with ordinary recording tools or software, but it is still technically possible.
In this article, we will introduce you to a collection of tools that can do that and download TVer videos, and other methods of saving for all types of devices.
How to download TVer videos completely free, somewhat complicated, using youtube-dl and ffmpeg
TVer uses a service called Brightcove to distribute its videos. And if you have that Brightcove video URL, you can download the video for free using youtube-dl and ffmpeg.
It is somewhat complicated, but it is a completely free method, so it is worth a try.
Now, let's download the download procedure for chrome. Other browsers can also use this method.
1) Get the Brightcove URL of the TVer program you want to download.
The URL of Brightcove is in the form of "http://players.brightcove.net/(13-digit account ID)/default_default/index.html?videoId=(13-digit video ID)", so if you know " account ID" and " video ID If you know the URL, you can get the URL from Brightcove.
1. access the TVer video you want to download.
2. right-click and click " Verify " at the bottom of the menu to display the Developer Tools. (You can also press the hotkey " F12" or click on " More Tools" -> " Developer Tools" from the menu in the upper right corner of the browser. 3.)
3. in the Elements tab, press "Ctrl + F" and search for "data-account" and "data-video-id" in the search field to get the " account-id" and " video-id ".
4. put in "account-id (data-account)" and "video-id ( data-video-id )" to get the Brightcove URL!
For example, for this video
- data-account = 4031511847001
- data-video-id = 6310940472112
If you put these two IDs into "http://players.brightcove.net/(13 digit account-id)/default_default/index.html?videoId=(13 digit video-id)", you will get "http://players.brightcove. net/4031511847001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6310940472112". Now you have your Brightcove URL!
2. prepare youtube-dl and ffmpeg!
1. access youtube-dl download site and download "youtube-dl.exe".
2. go to the ffmpeg download page and download the zip file of the latest version and supported system.
For example, for win64, click here to download the zip file.
3. unzip the downloaded ffmpeg zip file and store all the files in "bin" in the same folder as the "youtube-dl.exe" you just downloaded.
Name this folder "youtubedl" and move it to C:＼Users\(Username)》.
(3) Download the video
Search for or select "Windows System Tools" -> "Command Prompt" from the program list.
A black window will appear.
type "youtubedl\youtube-dl http://players.brightcove.net/(13-digit account ID)/default_default/index.html?videoId=(13-digit video ID)"
and press ENTER, then wait for the download to complete.
For example, for the previously mentioned video, type "youtubedl\youtube-dl http://players.brightcove.net/4031511847001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6310940472112". Type in "youtubedl\youtube-dl ".
No restrictions, DRM removal, record and save TVer content on your computer
If you use MyConverters, a tool dedicated to downloading, all the previously mentioned restrictions will be removed.
Advantages of MyConverters
1. high quality output
The quality of downloaded videos can be 720p, 1080p, 4k, and even 8k. For cinephiles seeking unparalleled video quality, MyConverters is indispensable. It is also possible to download videos as MP4 files with high sound quality such as AAC 2.0.
2. subtitles and multiple languages
MyConverters can output audio and subtitles in multiple languages, including English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. You can also remux subtitles into your video or save subtitle files separately in SRT format. 3.
3. high value for money plan
For $19.9 per month, you can use MyConverters to download movies from all OTT platforms without ads. That means you save about $90/month for not re-subscribing the following month.
How to download TVer content using MyConverters
1. visit the official MyConverters website, download and install the software.
2. launch MyConverters and change the language to Japanese. 3.
Paste the URL of the TVer video you want to download into the URL field above "Home" to access the site. 4.
4. play the TVer video and the video will be automatically analyzed when it is ready to load. (You may need to log in to watch the video)
5. Customize the quality and other settings you want to download, and click the "Download Now" button.
How to conveniently download TVer content even with a Brightcove URL
1. launch MyConverters and go to "Home".
2. click "Paste URL" in the upper right corner and paste the Brightcove URL you just got into the URL field.
3. customize the quality of the video you want to download, etc., and click the "Download" button.
How to Watch Recorded TVer Content
Recorded TVer content is saved in MP4 or MKV format, so you can move it from the destination to any device with an SD card for viewing.
For viewing on a computer, we recommend the "VLC Media Player" video player.
To watch on your phone or TV, please use an SD card or other device to move the video files before watching.
For those who want to record and save videos from other video services
MyConverters supports not only TVer, but also NHK Plus download,Asobi Stage download,Disney+ download,Prime Video download, Net also Teletext download, etc. You can download videos from 700+ sites. Please give it a try!