How to Download Movies from Amazon Prime Video?
As a Prime Video user, you may want to know how to download Prime Video content for offline watching. Then you can spare a few minutes to read this article. You will find what you need.
To enjoy Prime Video content, you can either subscribe to Amazon Prime membership or Prime Video membership. The available content on Prime Video includes:
- Prime membership benefits (unlimited viewing)
- Amazon Original Movies
- Prime Video channels (free trial)
- Rental/purchase titles (billed separately)
Amazon Prime is a plan with an annual membership fee of per month that includes fast and easy shipping benefits and additional digital benefits such as Prime Video, Prime Music, Amazon Photos, and Prime Reading included in Prime membership benefits. These benefits are free with this membership plan. As an Amazon Prime member, you will have unlimited access to eligible movies and TV shows at no additional charge. With Prime Video, you can enjoy a variety of movies and TV shows anytime, anywhere. However, to watch most content, including Amazon Original Content, for free, you must be an Amazon Prime member. To view other content, you must rent or purchase it.
How much is Amazon Prime? The current Amazon Prime membership requires $14.99 per month, $139 per year. The Prime Video membership costs you $8.99 per month. The pricing is $7.49 per month or $69 per year if you are a student. As for the rental or purchasing titles, the cost varies.
Amazon has added an in-app download feature to improve the streaming experience of Amazon Prime video. This function is available on both desktop and mobile versions of the app. To use it, you need to install the Prime Video app on Windows 10 or macOS and subscribe to Amazon Prime. However, there are some important limits on the download service:
1. Downloaded content can only be played within the Prime Video app. (Not all devices are compatible with the app).
2. The downloaded content has a 30-day valid time (Once you have started watching them, 48 hours are left).
3. The download function is exclusively for Amazon Prime subscribers.
Download Content Within Membership
1. Open the Prime Video app and select a video by scrolling through the Prime Carousel.
2. Within the video details, choose the option to download. If you have an SD card, you may be asked to indicate where you want the video to be saved. In the Download Options, select from four different file sizes:
- Tips: The highest quality for a one-hour video uses approximately 0.46 GB of data and storage. The Better quality uses around 0.33 GB. The Good quality uses about 0.27 GB. The Data Saver option uses approximately 0.14 GB.
3. Select 'Complete' Once the download is complete and you're ready to watch. Go to 'Downloads' and select 'Play' to start watching any of your downloaded videos.
Download Rental/Purchasing Titles
1. Tap the hamburger menu on the interface of the Prime Video app.
2. Tap 'Video Library' and choose either 'Movies' or 'TV Shows'.
3. Find the movie you want to download, then tap the 'Download' icon. Then you can find the downloaded videos on the 'Downloads' column.
When searching for "How to download Prime video content," you may also see search results about video downloaders. Indeed, using a reliable video downloader can download Prime videos to your local storage and you don't have to worry about expiration. MyConverters Prime Video Downloader can download uncompromised prime videos in MP4 format. It stands out from so many video downloaders with its strong features.
Note: Some people may consider recording the Prime video content, but the screen will go black due to High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Save your effort from recorders.
Although Prime Video offers a download function, it doesn't mean you can download all of the content you want without limits. All of your downloads are saved on the Prime video app. Once your subscription ends, you no longer have access to all of them. If you download a whole TV series for offline watching, you have to finish it within 30 days. For videos you have started watching, only 2 days are left for you. Therefore, if you don't want to spend money on recurring subscriptions, choosing a video downloader is certainly an economical idea. With MyConverters Prime Video Downloader, you only have to spend $19.9 per month to save all of the Prime movies or shows you can play on the Prime Video app and other OTT platforms without ads.
1. Download MyConverters to your PC.
2. Go to 'VIP Services' and click on 'Amazon'.
3. Go to the page of the video you want to download and play it. (You may need to log in to watch the video)
4. Customize the quality of the video you want to download, etc., and click the 'Download Now' button. You can also choose to download new episodes automatically.
1. launch MyConverters and go to 'Home'.
2. paste the URL of the page of the video you want to download into the URL field.
3. Customize the quality of the video you want to download, etc., and click the 'Download' button.
Recorded Prime Video content is saved in MP4 or MKV format and can be moved from the destination to any device with an SD card for viewing. For viewing on a computer, we recommend the 'VLC Media Player' video player. To watch on your phone or TV, please use an SD card or other device to move the video file before watching.
Now you are clear about how to watch Prime Video content. Although you can download videos with your Amazon Prime subscription, using an unofficial but versatile video downloader like MyConverters can save you more money with the same quality guarantee. You can download all you want to watch at once and cancel your recurring Amazon subscriptions. Read "How to Cancel Subscriptions on Amazon" for more details. MyConverters offers three complete downloads for free. Give Myconverters a try, you will unlock not only Prime Video but also other streaming platforms.