[2024 Latest] How to Download Viki Videos with Subs?
If you are a fan of Asian TV series, especially Kdrama, you must not miss Rakuten Viki, a popular American video streaming site and streaming channel. You can find almost all the latest and classical Asian TV series here.
Rakuten Viki can not only stream videos similar to other services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, but also allows its users to enjoy subtitles in 200 languages. Sometimes, you may want to download Viki shows for offline viewing when traveling.
So, can you download Viki videos? How to download Korean series from Viki? How to download Viki videos with subs? Read on, and you'll get all the answers. And since you're here, you may also be interested in the way to download FANZA videos.
Before we get into the way to download videos from Viki with subtitles, let's learn more about the basic information of Rakuten Viki, including the features, supported regions, and devices.
As mentioned before, Rakuten Viki is an American video streaming service that has a large selection of Asian TV series and films. It has offices in San Mateo, California, as well as Singapore, Japan, and Korea.
You may sign up for a free account and begin viewing TV shows like Pinocchio, Where Stars Land, Please Love, and more. With Viki, you can also locate the most recent episodes of major Asian TV programs.
What's more, you can enjoy the most distinctive feature of Rakuten Viki - multilingual subtitles. Built by the users, Viki group, and providers, Rakuten Viki offers videos with subtitles in 200 languages, which makes Viki stand out from many other streaming services.
To learn more about Rakuten Viki, read the article what is Rakuten Viki to get more basic information.
Where can I enjoy Rakuten Viki? Until now, Viki has offered its services in Taiwan, Japan, Mainland China, Korea, and the United States. Although Viki has a Subscriber Pass, it does not allow users to watch any unauthorized or unavailable content, therefore region restrictions still apply.
Luckily, Viki supports various devices. You can find the Rakuten Viki app on the following listed devices:
- Android phones, tablets, and Chromebooks (Android OS 6.0 and above)
- iPhones and iPads (iOS 15.0 and above)
- Android TV (Android OS 6.0 and above)
- Google TV (Android OS 6.0 and above)
- Apple TV HD (4th generation) and newer (tvOS 15 and above)
- AirPlay (iOS devices to Apple TV only)
- Amazon Fire TV (Fire OS 6.0 and above)
- Roku (Roku OS 9 and above)
- Chromecast (Only with a Viki Pass subscription)
- LG TV (models from 2018 and newer)
- Samsung TV (models from 2018 and newer)
It should be noted that you can only download videos using the Viki app on mobile devices, such as iPhones, iPads, Android tablets, and Android phones. Although you can easily stream Viki online on these devices, watching Viki Rakuten videos whenever and anywhere you want is more convenient.
As a result, many people are searching for a means to download Viki videos. Fortunately, we have the best tool for the job. Continue reading to find out more.
Do you need to pay to watch on Viki? How much does Viki cost? Is Viki Plus worth it? Before you choose to stream on Viki, you need to know how much it costs. Can you stream on Viki for free? Yes! On Viki and the Viki applications, there is no need to pay to see some films.
If you want to watch your favorite TV series without ads and enjoy them in higher quality, you can subscribe to Viki Pass, a subscription service that allows you to watch unique content without advertising and in HD when it is available. If you don't want to pay for a subscription, you can still watch certain content on the site of Viki or apps with ads in SD quality.
To meet the requirements of more users, Viki offers 2 different subscription plans: Viki Pass: STANDARD, and Viki Pass: PLUS. If you want to download videos on Viki and watch on the go, you must subscribe to Viki Pass: PLUS at a higher price.
- Viki Pass: STANDARD
The Viki Pass Standard plan is the same Viki Pass plan that you're used to. Be the first to see the hottest new releases, including Viki originals, movies, and more! With HD access, there are no advertisements. The cost of this plan is $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year. With an annual subscription, you'll get two months free!
- Viki Pass: PLUS
Everything in Viki Pass Standard PLUS all Kocowa content is included in Viki Pass Plus. Everything is available in HD with no advertisements. The cost of this plan is $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year. With an annual subscription, you'll get two months free!
So, are Viki pass plans worth buying? Here are some pros and cons of Rakuten Viki that we've collected from its users. Hope these comments can help choose the best streaming service for you:
- The only legal site now broadcasting ad-free K-dramas, J-dramas, C-dramas, and other Korean dramas. Ads and popups irritate me to no end. True, Netflix has entered the K-drama market, but the selection is restricted. Other services exist, but they are either not widely subbed or not available in the United States.
- Includes access to all Viki content, including Kocowa, allowing you to watch a variety of older series.
- The viewing quality is significantly better than any free streaming service, so it's very clear on a television.
- Works with Apple TV, Roku, and other devices so you can watch on your TV, which is my preferred way of watching (other than lying in bed with my laptop and kitty)
- Lower levels of Viki access can either shut you out of or make you wait longer to see the most popular airing episodes. If you enjoy viewing things as they happen, Viki plus is well worth the money.
- It's wonderful that Viki is acquiring some of the old DramaFever (RIP) episodes.
- It is not free.
- Volunteers do Viki's subs, which can take a long time. Less popular series take longer to subtitle. It can be aggravating to have to wait days for content that you paid for but is already available on free sites.
- It appears that Viki is purchasing less presently airing series. It could be due to streaming competition.
As long as you have a high-speed internet connection, you may watch movies, dramas, and TV series on Viki. If you don't have access to the internet or have slow Internet, you can download Viki videos to your local hard drive and watch them offline. What's more, you can also download the subtitle files for language learning or editing.
Although Viki does offer a download option, it's only exclusive to subscribers of Viki Pass: PLUS on mobile devices. And you can't get subtitle files from the official download feature. Therefore, we recommend the following alternatives to let you download from Viki without difficulty watching your favorite dramas or series offline.
How to make the best use of your Viki subscription, and download Viki videos with subs? All you need is a versatile tool: MyConverters.
If you want to download from Viki to watch Viki videos later, you'll need powerful software. And MyConverters is the easiest way for you to download from Viki in that it boasts various powerful features.
MyConverters can help you download videos in high quality up to 1080P (according to the original quality). It's pretty easy to download subs from Viki with MyConverters, as it will automatically extract the audio and subtitle files separately when downloading.
What's more, MyConverters can automatically remove all ads from downloaded TV series and films. It means that you can subscribe to Viki Pass: STANDARD while enjoying the PLUS service, saving up to $48 each year. MyConverters video downloader also offers other features:
- It allows you to download Viki videos in AAC 2.0 audio and 1080p video resolution for sharp images.
- It supports you with the facility of subtitles in your own language, where you can also make SRT files individually, so you can enjoy Korean dramas in your own language.
- A bulk or batch download capability is included in the MyConverters. If you are playing an episode that is part of a series, it automatically detects and downloads the rest of the episodes.
To download Viki videos with subs using MyConverters is pretty easy too. All you need to do is to follow these simple 4 steps below:
After finishing the installation, please open MyConverters and click "VIP Services" on the left bar, then choose "Rakuten Viki".
Play the video you want to download from Viki, and then, MyConverters will automatically start to analyze the video.
After analyzing, MyConverters will remind you about the downloading settings: video resolution, audio, subtitles, batch download and schedule. Then, you can click "Download Now" or "Add to Queue", and the downloading process will start right away.
You'll see what you have chosen to download Viki videos in the "Downloading" from "Your Library". You can also find the downloaded shows and saved subtitle files in the "Downloaded" section.
Viki is a popular streaming service to unwind by watching nonstop Asian popular TV shows. Viki allows you to upload, share, and even download videos. But the official download function is exclusive to the subscribers of Viki Pass: PLUSS. Therefore, if you want to download from Viki to watch the videos offline, or download Viki videos with subs, use MyConverters, which is the best solution for you to download from Viki.