Où diffuser les nominations des Oscars 2023
Oscars 2023 has all the right buzz surrounding it. It has some hot takes, new movies, and plentiful minds to cultivate. Oscars are doing the deed right with amazing style. Everything all at Once seems to have swept Oscars this year in multiple categories nominations, something that sounds like a dream unhinged. It has gotten 11 category nominations as of now and there are high hopes that it will sweep it high and leave others dry. I will do the talking for you, give you an assortment list of all these fantastic movies, of which some are still in theatres like Avatar 2. Let us drumroll our discussion to understand each sphere of academic award nominations 2023 and then move forward.
This year the following movies gained the trust of the Academy’s jury and had the privilege to feature in the best picture with their producers were:
- All Quiet on the Western Front: Malte Grunert, producer
- Avatar: The Way of Water: James Cameron and Jon Landau, producers
- The Banshees of Inisherin: Graham Broadbent, Peter Czernin, and Martin McDonagh, producers
- Elvis: Baz Luhrmann, Catherine Martin, Gail Berman, Patrick McCormick, and Schuyler Weiss, producers
- Everything Everywhere All at Once: Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert, and Jonathan Wang, producers
- The Fabelmans: Kristie Macosko Krieger, Steven Spielberg, and Tony Kushner, producers
- Tár: Todd Field, Alexandra Milchan, and Scott Lambert, producers
- Top Gun: Maverick – Tom Cruise, Christopher McQuarrie, David Ellison, and Jerry Bruckheimer, producers
- Triangle of Sadness: Erik Hemmendorff and Philippe Bober, producers
- Women Talking: Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, and Frances McDormand, producers
Everything Everywhere All at Once wins eyeballs, like crazy eyeballs with its bigger-than-brethren 11 nominations. All of these movies are available for everyone to watch on streamers, mostly Netflix and Amazon Prime except for Women Talking and Avatar: The way of water. Both movies are still cashing the theatres like there is no stopping or halting their rise.
Apart from that the other aspect that’s noticeable is the colorful kaleidoscope of non-English movies getting recognition for instance this Netflix, All Quiet on the Western Front movie is all set to roar high and glaze its light on the sub horizon. This Norwegian film has garnered 8 nominations, who knows maybe it's the next Parasite.
The best original screenplay nominees with their writers
- The Banshees of Inisherin – Martin McDonagh
- Everything Everywhere All at Once – Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
- The Fabelmans – Steven Spielberg and Tony Kushner
- Tár – Todd Field
- Triangle of Sadness – Ruben Östlund
This year Original screenplays are tightly packed and going by the way Academy does things, it is far easy and rather safe to say that a big production house will bag the nomination. Last year CODD became a deserved nomination which might not be the case this year.
There is a high possibility that this can happen in just a few years' time we will see better writers get their due by the Academy.
Also Read: How to Download Disney Plus Movies
The Fablemans by Steven Spielberg and his teen stories of struggles and joining Hollywood, starting filmmaking is a sought-after contender. The Banshees of Insherin is another great read where the friendship fallout between two people is documented.
You can watch all these movies on Youtube Premium, Vudu, Apple Store or iTunes, Google Play, etc at affordable costs. You can buy a premium pack from Amazon Prime Video as well since most of these are not in any notable streamer.
Oscars 2023’s best actor nominee listing with their respective movies:
- Austin Butler: Elvis as Elvis Presley
- Colin Farrell: The Banshees of Inisherin as Pádraic Súilleabháin
- Brendan Fraser: The Whale as Charlie
- Paul Mescal: Aftersun as Calum Paterson
- Bill Nighy: Living as Mr. Rodney Williams
Austin Butler really pulled it out altogether with its massive win as the best actor in the recently concluded BAFTA awards ceremony, also arguably the Oscars of the UK. Apart from BAFTA, the picture seems murky as Colin Farell and Brenden Fraser both have bagged Golden Globe and Critics Choice awards. The temperaments as of now are too murky to tell.
Oscars 2023’s listing of best actress nominees is summarised as follows:
- Cate Blanchett: Tár as Lydia Tár
- Ana de Armas: Blonde as Norma Jeane Mortensen / Marilyn Monroe
- Andrea Riseborough: To Leslie as Leslie Rowlands
- Michelle Williams: The Fabelmans as Mitzi Schildkraut-Fabelman
- Michelle Yeoh: Everything Everywhere All at Once as Evelyn Quan Wang
Oscar’s 2023s best bet shall be Cate Blanchett because she has swept everything that happens before the Academy awards ceremony. This Blue Jasmine actress is an afront runner for Academy Awards easily. To stream any of these movies online except for Blonde and Tar which is available on Peacock and Netflix to stream, You need to get them individually on Amazon Prime Video.
- Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as Queen Ramonda
- Hong Chau – The Whale as Liz
- Kerry Condon – The Banshees of Inisherin as Siobhán Súilleabháin
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything Everywhere All at Once as Deirdre Beaubeirdre
- Stephanie Hsu – Everything Everywhere All at Once as Joy Wang / Jobu Tupaki
Angela Basset’s glory days are about to begin she has swept the Golden Globes and Critics choice awards. Apart from that if she wins the SAG, there is just no other option to compete with her competency and charisma.
She however faces threat from Stephanie Hsu who is a rising star in Hollywood space. Basset, if she manages to win the supporting actress award will be the first woman to win an award for a superhero movie after legends like Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix. You can get all the movies for rent and DVD sets on Prime Video.
Most of these movies are available on some OTT platforms where you can watch them only with a subscription but you cannot download them directly even if you need to. That is where MyConverters comes into use as it can download movies and shows from almost all OTT platforms without much hassle.
- Brendan Gleeson – The Banshees of Inisherin as Colm Doherty
- Brian Tyree Henry – Causeway as James Aucoin
- Judd Hirsch – The Fabelmans as Boris Schildkraut
- Barry Keoghan – The Banshees of Inisherin as Dominic Kearney
- Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All at Once as Waymond Wang
This is another ostensibly murky award category. It’s not perceivable who will make the cut and not. Going by the progression, Ke Huy Quan has a better chance of taking this. That being said, other actors have shown their grit like Brendon Gleeson who got an award for his role in The Banshees of Insherin.
The Banshees of Insherin and various others are not available for streaming unfortunately, you can get to rent them on Prime Video. In case you want to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once, you can watch the movie on Showtime.
There are so many other Oscar awards nominations like the best-adapted screenplay, best animation, and best documentary which feature quite prominently. You can access all of that on the Oscar.org website. And many other awards too on edit, set design, etc.
Academy Awards is the single big award event that any avid film lover watches. This year there is a lot more excitement. Diversity in genres and acceptance of foreign films have solemnly established that the awards are changing and becoming better year after year.